Veterans Day Car Parade Registration
Wednesday, November 11 | 1 PM | UIW Main Campus | FB Live
University of the Incarnate Word Veterans Day Car Parade Registration Guidelines
The following guidelines are provided so that participants keep with the theme of honoring Veterans Day on the university campus. Though this day is a remembrance of the veterans who have served in the United States military, it also is a remembrance of the family and friends who have supported their dedication to service. Parade participants may also recognize themselves, spouses, children, and friends. There is no need to be a veteran to participate in the spirit of the day of reflecting in the appreciation of those who have served our country. If you know an older veteran, we highly encourage their participation to include photos.
- Registration deadline is midnight Sunday, November 8, 2020.
- Registrants will be lined up in the order registration is received.
- Name of participants or organization.
- Contact email, so that informational emails can be sent to you.
- Decorate vehicles with the red, white, and blue theme, US, and military service flags.
- Small towed trailers are acceptable for entries.
- ROTC, Dance groups and marching bands may enter.
- Walking and marching is permittable.
- Music is permittable (respectable volume and no offensive language/lyrics)
COVID-19 Social Distancing Guidelines:
Adhering to the guidelines while on the UIW Campus will be enforced. While decorating the vehicles respect the space of others and stay in within your space.
- While visiting any UIW location, everyone MUST COMPLETE the form in advance.
- Persons with symptoms of possible illness will not be permitted to enter UIW campus.
- Face masks/face shield will be worn on campus at all times
- Family members living in the same household are permitted within the 6 feet guideline.
- Maintain a 6-foot separation at all time and when possible, according to CDC guidelines.